Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Run to treats in Brooklyn!

Yesterday was Columbus Day and I thought that the perfect way to celebrate was to grab a friend and explore Brooklyn- running and eating style! The crisp Fall air was perfect for a short run so we headed to Prospect Park for a 3.35 mile loop. After tackling those Brooklyn hills, we headed nearby to Blue Marble Ice Cream.

Their ice cream is made from local organic ingedients and they had about 8-10 flavors to choose from. First, I sampled my friend's choice, ginger (delicious), and then the Culture frozen yogurt (too icy for my liking). I had wanted to try a flavor with balsamic vinegar topping but the employee could not locate it. Instead, I settled on Mocha Chip...scrumptuous!


It was creamy and chocolatey but not overly sweet. I will definitely run back to Blue Marble to taste some of their other flavors and exotic toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment