Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Run to eat and drink for charity

Last Saturday, I was lucky enough to run to eat and drink, partly to support a charity. I started off early in the morning with 3 full loops of Central Park. At the 18 mile mark, I headed west to the West Side running path and ran north to join the Big Brothers Big Sisters fundraising race. At the turnaround, I headed south to finish off this charitable 4k. Following the run, I made my way a few feet to the finish-line picnic. There were lots of fun activities for kids but since we were only adults, we had food and beverages in mind. The line for food- subway sandwiches- was ridiculously long so I skipped over this and went next door to the Pier i Cafe. A few Corona Lights, a cheese sandwich, fruit salad, potato salad, and two pieces of cake held me over to the main event.


Then it was time for the main event....Sean Kingston performed! The crowd went wild as he played three of his hits for this event.



What an awesome way to spend a day...running to eat and drink (and listen) while helping a charity!

No comments:

Post a Comment